Sunday 26 June 2016

Where I am now...

I started this blog 3 years ago with the goal of achieving a red carpet-worthy body by my 40th birthday. I was 39 back then. I kept my blog alive for only a week but I continued my journey for a little longer. After a lot of researching, studying, reading, experimenting, exercising, cooking and eating, trying and failing and mainly procrastinating, I decided to come back. This time my goal is to achieve and maintain my dream body by living a happy, healthy life.

I feel much healthier and stronger now than 3 years ago. I don't feel tired and agitated and even though I am facing far more obstacles in my life now than I did back then, I can stand face to face with stress without letting it get to me. And even though my financial situation is dire at the moment, and my workload is monumental and unfortunately not yet rewarding, I am handling it all with newly-found strength.  

I took these pictures 12 days ago. I wanted to see if the changes I made paid off. I wanted to compare these to the ones I took 3 years ago. Even though I don't look as good as I wished I did and maybe on the inside I feel more changed than on the outside, I do see a difference.
  
    now                                  3 years ago
 
    now

 
    3 years ago
 
 
    now                                  3 years ago
 
    now                                  3 years ago 

    now                                  3 years ago
 
 
My lifestyle was not perfect in the last 3 years, but a lot has changed. I worked hard, I ate well, but I also went through a month-long reward period and that is not the way to do it.
 
However, in the last 3 months I stepped up. I now exercise 5-6 days a week. Some days it is just for 15 minutes but I stick to it. I eat healthily. I do body brushing when possible and I cleanse my skin every night.
 
My biggest challenge is lack of sleep. There is just so much to do in a day and sleep seems to be that something that has to give.
 
Since I took these pictures 12 days ago, I started to include foam rolling into my daily routine. In a couple of days I will take some more pictures to see if that made any difference.
 
Today's post is my new beginning. For a chronic procrastinator like myself this new beginning feels more like an evolutionary leap than a first step but I am happy I am here now.
 

Em

x


 

 

1 comment:

  1. Really inspirating! Wish you all the best on your way! :) Janeyfox

    ReplyDelete